General hunting licenses and furtaker licenses each cost $20.97 for Pennsylvania residents and $101.97 for nonresidents. Resident senior hunters and furtakers ages 65 and older can purchase one-year licenses for $13.97, or lifetime licenses for $51.97.
- 1 When can I buy my 2021 PA hunting license?
- 2 Can I hunt on my own land without a license in PA?
- 3 How long is a hunting license good for in PA?
- 4 How do I get a deer tag in PA?
- 5 How many doe tags are available in Pennsylvania?
- 6 Can you print PA hunting license online?
- 7 Can you buy Pa Doe license online?
- 8 How much is a senior hunting license in Pennsylvania?
- 9 Can you hunt on your land in PA?
- 10 Can I shoot a deer on my property PA?
- 11 How many acres do you need to hunt in PA?
- 12 Can you hunt on your own property without a license?
- 13 Can you get a PA hunting license without taking the safety course?
- 14 What is the fine for not tagging a deer in PA?
When can I buy my 2021 PA hunting license?
Hunting and furtaker licenses for 2021-22 will go on sale Monday, June 14 and the new license year begins July 1. You can purchase your license online here, or at any of our licensing issuing agents statewide. A map of license issuing agents can be viewed here.
Can I hunt on my own land without a license in PA?
In Pennsylvania, you may not hunt private property without the permission of the landowner. Written permission is not required, but it is advisable.
How long is a hunting license good for in PA?
Resident Adult Hunting License Issued to residents of Pennsylvania who are aged 17-64. This license type includes one antlered-deer tag and one spring turkey tag as well as small game hunting privileges. The license is valid for one license year.
How do I get a deer tag in PA?
How Do I Get My State Hunting License?
- Complete the Pennsylvania hunter education certification requirements.
- Choose the correct license type.
- Buy the license through the Pennsylvania Game Commission website or a Pennsylvania–approved agent.
The Pennsylvania Game Commission made a total of 925,000 antlerless deer licenses available, which is slightly down from 932,000 in 2020. The licenses are divided among Wildlife Managements Units (WMUs) based on the size of of the deer population and management goals.
Can you print PA hunting license online?
Hunters and trappers who already have purchased their 2021-22 licenses can download PDF copies of their licenses and permits by logging in to their profile on HuntFishPA (https:// huntfish.pa.gov ) and accessing their Purchase History. This applies whether they buy licenses online or at an issuing agent.
Can you buy Pa Doe license online?
Hunters who purchased their general license online, but haven’t yet received it, can obtain an antlerless-deer license application through the white-tailed deer page at www.pgc.pa.gov and go to any license-issuing agent to pick up an official pink envelope.
How much is a senior hunting license in Pennsylvania?
Resident Senior Lifetime Hunting License ($51.97): Issued to bona fide residents of Pennsylvania ages 65 and older. Sixty-four-year-olds may apply for a senior lifetime hunting license if they reach age 65 by June 30 of the current license year.
Can you hunt on your land in PA?
Pennsylvania landowners have total control of hunting on their properties. In addition, state law provides a “safety zone” restricting firearm hunting within 150 yards of occupied buildings, or 50 yards for archery hunting. But landowners can permit individuals to hunt within their safety zones.
Can I shoot a deer on my property PA?
Hunters may not “hunt for, shoot at, trap, take, chase or disturb wildlife within 150 yards of any occupied residence, camp, industrial or commercial building, farmhouse or farm building, or school or playground without the permission of the occupants,” according to Pennsylvania’s Game and Wildlife Code.
How many acres do you need to hunt in PA?
(2) The 50 or more contiguous acres of land are open to public hunting and trapping and shall remain open to hunting and trapping during the hunting license year for which the antlerless deer license is issued.
Can you hunt on your own property without a license?
General. A landowner or person leasing land primarily for cultivation, their spouse, and dependents under 18 residing with them, may hunt, trap and fish on such land without a license.
Can you get a PA hunting license without taking the safety course?
Pennsylvania law requires that first time hunters take and pass an approved Hunter Safety Course prior to purchasing their first hunting license.
What is the fine for not tagging a deer in PA?
penalties shall be imposed for violations of this title: (1) Misdemeanor of the first degree, not less than $2,000 nor more than $10,000 and may be sentenced to imprisonment up to six months.