How Do I Get My State Hunting License?
- Complete the Pennsylvania hunter education certification requirements.
- Choose the correct license type.
- Buy the license through the Pennsylvania Game Commission website or a Pennsylvania–approved agent.
- 1 What do you need to get a Pennsylvania hunting license?
- 2 How do you get your first hunting license in PA?
- 3 Can you get a PA hunting license without taking the safety course?
- 4 Can I hunt on my own land without a license in PA?
- 5 When can I buy my 2021 PA hunting license?
- 6 How do I get a hunter safety card?
- 7 How long is the PA hunter safety course?
- 8 How long is the online PA hunter safety course?
- 9 What states require bowhunter education?
- 10 How old do you have to be to take the hunters safety course in PA?
- 11 Do you need a hunting license to hunt squirrels in Pennsylvania?
- 12 Does PA have a lifetime hunting license?
- 13 Does Walmart sell hunting licenses in PA?
- 14 How many doe tags are available in Pennsylvania?
What do you need to get a Pennsylvania hunting license?
What to do:
- First-time hunters and trappers must complete a Hunter-Trapper Education course and pass a test. The program can be completed online for a $19.50 fee when you pass the test after unlimited attempts.
- Next, purchase a hunting license online or in person at a license-issuing agent.
How do you get your first hunting license in PA?
By law, all first-time hunters and trappers, regardless of age, must successfully complete hunter-trapper education training before they can buy a Pennsylvania hunting or trapping license. Individuals may take hunter-trapper education either through an in-person class or by completing an online class.
Can you get a PA hunting license without taking the safety course?
Pennsylvania law requires that first time hunters take and pass an approved Hunter Safety Course prior to purchasing their first hunting license.
Can I hunt on my own land without a license in PA?
In Pennsylvania, you may not hunt private property without the permission of the landowner. Written permission is not required, but it is advisable.
When can I buy my 2021 PA hunting license?
Hunting and furtaker licenses for 2021-22 will go on sale Monday, June 14 and the new license year begins July 1. You can purchase your license online here, or at any of our licensing issuing agents statewide. A map of license issuing agents can be viewed here.
How do I get a hunter safety card?
3 SIMPLE STEPS to Earn Your Hunter Education Card
- Learn. Online Hunter Safety Course Learning. The official state-approved hunter safety course meets state hunter education requirements.
- Practice. Take the Final Exam as Often You Want.
- Earn. Print Hunter Education Completion Certificate.
How long is the PA hunter safety course?
Overview: This is a six-hour training class required by law for all first-time hunters and trappers before they can buy a license. You must pass a certification exam at the end of the class to complete this training.
How long is the online PA hunter safety course?
First-time hunting license buyers in Pennsylvania can now complete their required hunter-trapper education class entirely online. The Pennsylvania Game Commission has announced that the online course, which can be completed online in about six to eight hours, is available to students ages 16 and older.
What states require bowhunter education?
State by State Only 12 states require first-time bowhunters to obtain certification before purchasing a license – Alaska, Connecticut, Idaho, Maine, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, South Dakota, and Vermont.
How old do you have to be to take the hunters safety course in PA?
Pennsylvania Game Commission Requirements You must be at least 11 years old to take this online course. You must be a resident of Pennsylvania to take the online course.
Do you need a hunting license to hunt squirrels in Pennsylvania?
If you’d rather stick to more classic game, you can legally pursue animals such as wild turkeys, squirrels, rabbits and pheasants. While Pennsylvania offers distinct hunting opportunities to visitors as well as residents, the state government requires hunters acquire the proper licenses and permits.
Does PA have a lifetime hunting license?
Resident Senior Lifetime Hunting License ($51.97): Issued to bona fide residents of Pennsylvania ages 65 and older. Sixty-four-year-olds may apply for a senior lifetime hunting license if they reach age 65 by June 30 of the current license year.
Does Walmart sell hunting licenses in PA?
Walmart Sporting Licenses in State College, PA | Hunting Licences, Fishing Licenses, Foraging Licenses | Serving 16801 | Store 2230.
The Pennsylvania Game Commission made a total of 925,000 antlerless deer licenses available, which is slightly down from 932,000 in 2020. The licenses are divided among Wildlife Managements Units (WMUs) based on the size of of the deer population and management goals.