Texas Deer Seasons
|Muzzleloader Only||Jan. 3-16|
|Youth Only||Oct. 30-31 and Jan. 3-16|
|General Season||North: Nov. 6-Jan. 2 South: Nov. 6-Jan.16|
|Special Late Season||North: Jan. 3-16 South: Jan. 17-30|
- 1 Can you hunt all year round in Texas?
- 2 Does Texas have hunting seasons?
- 3 When can you hunt deer in Texas?
- 4 How late can you hunt in Texas?
- 5 What can you hunt in Texas right now?
- 6 What day is deer season over in Texas?
- 7 Can you shoot deer on your own property in Texas?
- 8 How many deer can you shoot in Texas?
- 9 How do I get a hunting license in Texas?
- 10 Can you hunt on 5 acres in Texas?
- 11 What happens if you shoot a deer out of season?
- 12 What animals Can you hunt in Texas without a license?
Can you hunt all year round in Texas?
Considering the number of game, non-game, fur-bearing, exotics, and other animals that can be hunted all year long there’s no excuse to miss out on hunting in Texas whenever you can.
Does Texas have hunting seasons?
Texas Hunting Season Dates 2021 In general hunting begins November 7 and ends January 17 for the late season. There is Dove from Sept 1 to January 3 as well as Turkey from November 7 to May 23.
When can you hunt deer in Texas?
Legal shooting hours for deer hunting are 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes after sunset. You can find precise sunrise and sunset times for wherever you hunt at the website sunrisesunset.com/usa/texas.asp.
How late can you hunt in Texas?
Legal Shooting Hours for All Game Animals and Nonmigratory Game Birds. The period from one-half hour before sunrise to one-half hour after sunset. Look up sunrise/sunset hours.
What can you hunt in Texas right now?
- Duck. North Zone. Regular season: Nov. 14—29, 2020 and Dec. 5, 2020—Jan. 31, 2021.
- South Zone. Regular season: Nov. 7—29, 2020 and Dec. 12, 2020—Jan. 31, 2021. Youth-only: Oct.
- Goose. East Zone. Early Canada goose: Sept. 12—27, 2020. Light and dark geese: Nov.
- Mule Deer. General Season. Panhandle: Nov. 21—Dec. 6, 2020.
What day is deer season over in Texas?
According to Texas Parks & Wildlife, white-tailed deer season got underway for archers back on October 3, but the general season is from November 7 – January 3, 2021, in the North Zone, and November 7 – January 17, 2021, in the South Zone.
Can you shoot deer on your own property in Texas?
Private Land More than 95% of the land in Texas is privately owned or managed. You can hunt on the private land that you own or get permission from the landowner to hunt as a guest or pay the landowner to hunt on that land.
How many deer can you shoot in Texas?
Statewide Bag Limits No person may exceed the annual bag limit of five white-tailed deer, no more than three of which may be bucks. The annual bag limit does not apply on MLDP properties.
How do I get a hunting license in Texas?
Where to Buy a Texas Hunting License
- Visit the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department website.
- Call 1-800-TX-LIC-4-U (1-800-895-4248).
- Visit a Texas Parks and Wildlife Department office or an approved license agent.
Can you hunt on 5 acres in Texas?
Any hunter looking to hunt with a bow or firearm will want to confirm that the plot of land they are hunting on is at least 10 acres. Texas state laws require 10 acres, and any hunter found violating this law can receive multiple fines, or worse, upon repeat offenses.
What happens if you shoot a deer out of season?
The maximum fine for a misdemeanor offense would increase to $3,000, up from $2,000. The higher fine would apply to poachers who take a deer before or after the start of hunting season or those who kill a deer with the use of artificial light. Poachers could also be sentenced to up to a year in prison.
What animals Can you hunt in Texas without a license?
Texas is home to an array of non-game animals. These include armadillos, bobcats, coyotes, flying squirrels, frogs, ground squirrels, mountain lions, porcupines, prairie dogs, rabbits and turtles. On private property, these species can be hunted at any time with a valid hunting license.