Indiana Deer Seasons
|Reduction Zone Hunt||Sept. 15-Jan. 31|
|Youth Hunt||Sept. 25-26|
|Archery||Oct. 1-Jan. 2|
- 1 Is deer season open in Indiana?
- 2 Can I shoot a deer on my property in Indiana?
- 3 Do I need a license to hunt deer on my own property in Indiana?
- 4 Can you bait deer on private land in Indiana?
- 5 What is the best rifle for deer hunting in Indiana?
- 6 When can you hunt turkeys in Indiana?
- 7 Is there a coyote season in Indiana?
- 8 How far do you have to be from a house to hunt in Indiana?
- 9 Can DNR come on private property in Indiana?
- 10 How many deer can a landowner take in Indiana?
- 11 What caliber rifle is legal for deer hunting in Indiana?
Is deer season open in Indiana?
Firearm: Nov. 13-28, 2021. Muzzleloader: Dec. 4-19, 2021.
Can I shoot a deer on my property in Indiana?
It is still okay to hunt deer on private property. It is also still legal to use a muzzleloader, shotgun or handgun when hunting deer on public land, as long as you’re following other deer hunting regulations. The firearm season starts November 18.
Do I need a license to hunt deer on my own property in Indiana?
Exemptions: Landowners or lessees of farmland who farm that land and are residents of Indiana are not required to obtain a permit while hunting, fishing, or trapping on the land they own or lease. A license is also NOT required for the landowner’s or lessee’s spouse or children living with them.
Can you bait deer on private land in Indiana?
It is illegal to use snares, salt, and bait to take deer. Bait is considered any product that is transported into a hunting area and placed there for animal consumption. Artificial deer decoys are legal for deer hunting.
What is the best rifle for deer hunting in Indiana?
Best Caliber for Deer Hunting
- 7mm-08 Remington.
- 280 Remington.
- 7mm Remington Magnum.
- 30-30 Winchester.
- 308 Winchester.
- 300 Winchester Magnum.
- You might be surprised by the number of hunters that use the 300 as their primary deer rifle. An exceptional round for long range, it gives no quarter in performance on whitetail.
When can you hunt turkeys in Indiana?
Hunting Hours Wild turkeys may be hunted only from one-half hour before sunrise to sunset. All DNR properties managed by the Division of Fish & Wildlife have spring season hunting hours one-half hour before sunrise until noon for properties on CT and until 1 p.m. for properties on ET.
Is there a coyote season in Indiana?
Coyote hunting is legal in Indiana from mid-October to mid-March. Licensed hunters can hunt coyotes at night with spotlights. They also can be lured into gun ranges with electronic calls. Trapping them live with Indiana Department of Natural Resources-approved traps also is legal during the season.
How far do you have to be from a house to hunt in Indiana?
Discharging a firearm (including a bow and arrow) is prohibited in or within 150 yards of a developed recreation site, a residence, or any place where people are likely to be.
Can DNR come on private property in Indiana?
Do not trespass on private property.
How many deer can a landowner take in Indiana?
How many deer can I shoot with my license? You are allowed to harvest one deer per license (with the exception of the deer license bundle, youth hunt/trap license, or lifetime license.)
What caliber rifle is legal for deer hunting in Indiana?
Rifles chambered in. 243 and. 30-caliber and that have a case length of at least 1.16 inches and that have barrels longer than 16 inches are now legal for deer hunting in Indiana. Everything else, including (but not limited to).