Waterfowl Hunting Seasons
|WATERFOWL SEASON DATES AND LIMITS|
|Ducks (but see Scaup below)||North||23 Oct – 21 Dec 2021|
|Central||30 Oct – 28 Dec 2021|
|South Central||13 Nov 2021 – 11 Jan 2022|
- 1 What are the dates for duck season in Illinois?
- 2 Is it duck hunting season in Illinois?
- 3 Where can you duck hunt in Illinois?
- 4 What time is shooting time for ducks in Illinois?
- 5 What license do I need to hunt ducks in Illinois?
- 6 How many geese can you shoot in Illinois?
- 7 Can you shoot ducks all year round?
- 8 Can you duck hunt in February?
- 9 Is Illinois good for duck hunting?
- 10 How do you hunt waterfowl in Illinois?
- 11 Can you shoot ducks on the water in Illinois?
What are the dates for duck season in Illinois?
Duck Season Dates:
- North Zone. 2016: 15 October – 13 December. 2017: 21 October – 19 December.
- Central Zone. 2016: 22 October – 20 December. 2017: 28 October – 26 December.
- South Central Zone. 2016: 11 November – 9 January. 2017: 11 November – 9 January.
- South Zone. 2016: 24 November – 22 January. 2017: 23 November – 21 January.
Is it duck hunting season in Illinois?
The 2020–2021 Illinois season dates are the last year of a five-year plan that was developed in 2015. This year, Illinois will open the regular duck, Canada goose, and snow goose seasons on Oct. 17 in the North Zone, Oct. 24 in the Central Zone, Nov.
Where can you duck hunt in Illinois?
Illinois Waterfowl Hunting
- Green Acres Sportsman’s Club. 1458 North 1700 East Road, Roberts, Illinois 60962.
- Harpole’s Heartland Lodge. 10236 393rd Street, Nebo, Illinois 62355.
- Keck’s Marsh. RR2 Box 189, Vandalia, Illinois 62471.
- Mazonia Hunt Club.
- Nilo Farms.
- Rack & Wing.
- Rend Lake Hunting Preserve.
- Richmond Hunting Club.
What time is shooting time for ducks in Illinois?
Shooting hours are one-half hour before sunrise to sunset for ducks and geese, with the following exceptions: In the Rend Lake and Southern Illinois Quota Zone, hunting hours for geese end at 3 p.m., except during Jan. 29-31, when hunting hours end at sunset.
What license do I need to hunt ducks in Illinois?
All hunters age 18 or older must purchase the Illinois Migratory Waterfowl Stamp and the Federal Duck Stamp when hunting migratory waterfowl. In addition, hunters are required to have proof of their participation in the Harvest Information Program (HIP).
How many geese can you shoot in Illinois?
1–15 with a daily limit of five (5) and a possession limit of fifteen (15) geese in the North and Central zones, and a daily limit of two (2) and a possession limit of six (6) geese in the South Central and South zones.
Can you shoot ducks all year round?
Only South Australia, Victoria, Northern Territory, Western Australia and Tasmania have duck open seasons. New South Wales has a Game Bird Management Program that allows ducks to be hunted for crop protection.
Can you duck hunt in February?
The first Veterans and Active Military Waterfowl Hunting Days take place the second weekend in February throughout the Balance of the State, Southern San Joaquin Valley, and Southern California waterfowl zones on both private property and public land for eligible hunters.
Is Illinois good for duck hunting?
Duck Hunting Nation Knowledge Illinois has a rich waterfowl hunting heritage. The Illinois River was a stronghold for market hunting, and when that was outlawed, many of the old market hunters became guides, taking out wealthy hunters from Chicago, St. Louis and other cities.
How do you hunt waterfowl in Illinois?
In most cases, an electronic state habitat stamp is also required (license ID #970). Waterfowl hunters will also need both the electronic state waterfowl stamp (license ID #600) and the federal waterfowl stamp (license ID #900) (federal waterfowl stamps may be purchased at US Post Offices or selected DNR offices).
Can you shoot ducks on the water in Illinois?
Not the water but the land. In Illinois you must be anchored to waterfowl hunt. The minute you tie up or throw out an anchor you are considered to be trespassing. Only exceptions to this is (1) float hunting.