HUNTING LICENSES / PERMITS AND FEES
|Hunting Licenses||Payment policies|
- 1 How much is a hunting license in the state of Florida?
- 2 What does it take to get a hunting license in Florida?
- 3 Can you hunt in Florida without a license?
- 4 What licenses do I need to hunt deer in Florida?
- 5 What is included in the Florida Gold sportsman license?
- 6 Do you need a hunting license on private property in Florida?
- 7 How many acres do you need to hunt in Florida?
- 8 Do you need a hunting license in Florida to hunt hogs?
- 9 Where can you hunt for free in Florida?
- 10 Where can I hunt in Florida without a quota permit?
- 11 Do you need a hunting license to hunt rabbit in Florida?
- 12 What Animals Can you hunt without a license in Florida?
- 13 Can you hunt deer with a rifle in Florida?
How much is a hunting license in the state of Florida?
Annual: $28.50. Valid annually from July 1 through the following June 30.
What does it take to get a hunting license in Florida?
How Do I Get My State Hunting License?
- Complete the Florida hunter education certification requirements.
- Choose the correct license type.
- Buy the license through the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission website or a Florida–approved retailer.
Can you hunt in Florida without a license?
Florida residents and visitors need a Florida hunting license, (in addition to other required permits) unless they are exempt. The limited entry permit program offers quality hunting on WMAs. Application periods begin in early spring. For some hunts/times, no quota permit is required.
What licenses do I need to hunt deer in Florida?
Expand/Collapse What licenses and permits are required to hunt deer in Florida? To hunt during archery season, hunters must have a Florida hunting license, deer permit and an archery season permit. If hunting a wildlife management area, a management area permit is required.
What is included in the Florida Gold sportsman license?
Licenses and permits included The Military Gold Sportsman’s License includes the Hunting, Saltwater Fishing and Freshwater Fishing licenses; and the Deer, Wildlife Management Area, Archery, Muzzleloading Gun, Crossbow, Turkey, Florida Waterfowl, Snook and Lobster permits.
Do you need a hunting license on private property in Florida?
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) governs laws and regulations for hunting in the State of Florida. The commission establishes licensing and permits for hunting as well as protects owners from those who trespass on private property without getting the owner’s permission.
How many acres do you need to hunt in Florida?
Persons who own, lease or otherwise have written permission to take deer on properties of at least 640 contiguous acres, or not less than 150 contiguous acres if adjoining land with a current permit, may apply for antlerless deer permits and tags to authorize the harvest of a specific number of antlerless deer on the
Do you need a hunting license in Florida to hunt hogs?
Wild hogs may be trapped and hunted year-round with landowner permission. A hunting license is not required, and a permit is not required to take wild hogs at night with a gun and light with landowner permission. Hunters may use dogs and any legal rifle, shotgun, crossbow, bow, pistol or air gun (including airbow).
Where can you hunt for free in Florida?
Hunting Florida’s national wildlife refuges (NWR)
- Chassahowitzka NWR, 1502 Southeast Kings Bay Dr., Crystal River, FL 34429; 352-563-2088.
- Ten Thousand Islands NWR, 12085 State Road 29 South, Immokalee FL 34142; 239-657-8001.
- Lower Suwannee NWR, 16450 NW 31st Place, Chiefland, FL 32626; 352-493-0238.
Where can I hunt in Florida without a quota permit?
No Quota Permit Hunting
- Big Bend WMA – Jena Unit.
- Big Cypress WMA.
- Green Swamp WMA.
- Herky Huffman/Bull Creek WMA.
- J.W. Corbett WMA.
- Jumper Creek WMA.
- Kissimmee Chain of Lakes Area.
- Kissimmee River Public Use Area.
Do you need a hunting license to hunt rabbit in Florida?
Get started small-game hunting Getting started in hunting is easier than you may think, and hunting gray squirrels or rabbits is the perfect way to begin. All you need is a hunting license and management area permit.
What Animals Can you hunt without a license in Florida?
Eddie White, quota hunt coordinator for the Florida Game and Fresh Water Fish Commission, said the following may be taken year-round on private property: wild hogs (where hogs are not a game species), rabbits, raccoons, opossums, coyotes, nutria, skunks, armadillos and beavers.
Can you hunt deer with a rifle in Florida?
Rifles, shotguns, pistols, air guns, longbows, compound bows, recurve bows, crossbows and birds of prey (falcons, hawks and great horned owls) may be used. Only pre-charged pneumatic (PCP) air guns firing single bullets or bolts/arrows of at least. 30-caliber to take deer and at least.