A modified choke tube (0.020”) is the best choke size for duck hunting. It allows for all-around performance for both decoying and passing shots. All types of shot and shot sizes can be put through a modified choke tube with no issues. Full chokes are specialized chokes for long distance shots only.
- 1 What choke should I use for goose hunting?
- 2 Can you shoot ducks with 2 3 4 shells?
- 3 Is 6 shot good for ducks?
- 4 What is the best shot for hunting geese?
- 5 What is the best load for goose hunting?
- 6 What is the best gun for goose hunting?
- 7 Is 8 shot good for ducks?
- 8 What shot size for ducks 20 gauge?
- 9 Is 4 shot good for mallard ducks?
What choke should I use for goose hunting?
The Full choke #1 is the ideal choke tube for goose hunting. It can deliver consistent patterns past 40 yards with large steel shot like BB.
Can you shoot ducks with 2 3 4 shells?
You can kill any duck out there with 2 3/4 in shells.
Is 6 shot good for ducks?
Small shot works for multi-purpose hunting. Non-toxic shot is now required in many areas to hunt state or federal land, even for small game. 6 shot in a 2¾-inch housing. Ballistics data indicated that at about 35 yards, this load loses effective killing power on ducks.
What is the best shot for hunting geese?
Note: Steel #BBB (. 190″) & HEVI-Shot #2 (. 150”) have exhibited the best all-around performance for taking geese; steel #3 (. 140″) & HEVI-Shot #4 (.
What is the best load for goose hunting?
Here’s a list of 10 duck and goose loads that won’t fail you.
- HeviX. HeviShot HeviX.
- Black Cloud TSS. Federal Black Cloud TSS.
- Federal Speed Shok. Federal Speed Shok.
- Boss Bismuth. Boss Bismuth.
- Remington Wingmaster HD. Remington Wingmaster HD.
- Winchester DryLok. Winchester DryLok.
- Kent Tungsten-Matrix.
- Backridge ITX.
What is the best gun for goose hunting?
15 Best Duck and Goose Guns Ever
- Remington 870. Remington 870 Express Remington.
- Winchester Model 12. The Winchester Model 12 Heavy Duck Rock Island Auction Company.
- Browning BPS. Browning Pump Shotgun Browning.
- Browning A-5.
- Winchester Super X2.
- Ithaca Mag 10.
- Benelli Super Black Eagle.
- Beretta A400.
Is 8 shot good for ducks?
If your questioning the lethality of #8 shot (or even #9) I can assure you it is quite effective on ducks. I shot it quite a bit back in the old days with great results.
What shot size for ducks 20 gauge?
The largest nontoxic shot size usually offered in 20-gauge is No. 2s (although a few rare loads have No. 1s), with 3-inch payloads seldom exceeding 1¼ ounce. That limits the 20-gauge to all but decoying shots at honkers.
Is 4 shot good for mallard ducks?
6 versus No. 4 lead shot, shouldn’t the steel debate pit a load of No. 4’s against No. Yet some duck hunters swear by BB or even BBB shot, despite the fact larger steel shot affords lower pattern densities, i.e. fewer pellets downrange, and can prove finicky on the pattern board.