Be sure to visit the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife for details. **Season dates vary by zone. Many of the state’s hunts are controlled hunts, and hunters must have permits to hunt black bears. Cougar seasons run until Dec.
Oregon Pronghorn Seasons.
|General Season||Aug. 7-Sept. 26**|
|Youth Only||Aug. 1-29**|
- 1 How long is deer hunting season in Oregon?
- 2 Can I shoot a deer on my property in Oregon?
- 3 What hunting season is open right now in Oregon?
- 4 Where can I hunt elk in Oregon?
- 5 What can I hunt right now in Oregon?
- 6 Can you shoot a spike deer in Oregon?
- 7 Can you bait deer in Oregon?
- 8 How far off the road do you have to be to shoot a deer in Oregon?
- 9 Can I shoot a coyote on my property in Oregon?
- 10 Can I shoot a cougar on my property in Oregon?
How long is deer hunting season in Oregon?
Most buck deer hunting seasons begin on the Saturday closest to Oct. 1 each year and run for 12 days in eastern Oregon and about a month in western Oregon. Archery deer hunting is is general season in western Oregon for the most part, but requires a controlled hunt tag in eastern Oregon.
Can I shoot a deer on my property in Oregon?
The Landowner Hunting Preference Program (see “LOP” in the current Oregon Big Game Regulations) may help you obtain deer and/or elk tags valid for your property. You also may allow anyone you wish to hunt on your property, as long as it is legal to do so and the hunter has the appropriate license and tag.
What hunting season is open right now in Oregon?
Oregon Hunting Seasons 2021-2022 – Hunting Season HQ.
Where can I hunt elk in Oregon?
Popular elk hunting areas in the Alsea include the South tract 100 line, Yachats River, Five Rivers, North Fork Siuslaw River, Big Rock Creek Road, Luckiamute River, Airlie, Burnt Woods, Grant Creek, Wolf Creek, Logsden, Pee Dee Creek, and Dunn Forest.
What can I hunt right now in Oregon?
2021 big game seasons
- Black bear. Statewide: Aug.
- Cougar. General statewide: Jan.
- Deer, western Oregon Any Legal Weapon* Oct.
- Deer, eastern Archery.
- Elk, West Cascade Any Legal Weapon*
- Elk, Rocky Mountain Any Legal Weapon*
- Elk, Coast Bull Elk Any Legal Weapon*
- Elk, western/eastern Archery.
Can you shoot a spike deer in Oregon?
GOLD BEACH — General season black-tailed deer hunters will be allowed to shoot single-point spike bucks in Western Oregon beginning in 2020 under new hunting rules adopted by the Oregon Fish and Wildlife Commission. Under the previous rule, hunters could shoot only forked-horn deer.
Can you bait deer in Oregon?
The baiting rule passed by an 7-1 vote with Commissioner Larry Carpenter of Vancouver voting no. Washington and Oregon are the only two Western states that do not prohibit use of bait for hunting deer and elk. Only 14 percent of elk hunters supported using bait to hunt elk.
How far off the road do you have to be to shoot a deer in Oregon?
Registered. According to the ’08 regs in oregon if its a public road you just cant shoot from on or across the road. off to the side is perfectly fine.
Can I shoot a coyote on my property in Oregon?
According to Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife regulations, it is legal to hunt and kill coyotes year-round with an appropriate furtaker’s license. Seasonal licenses are required only for fox, bobcat, marten, mink, otter, raccoon and beaver hunters.
Can I shoot a cougar on my property in Oregon?
ATTENTION LANDOWNERS: Oregon law allows landowners to kill a cougar that is damaging livestock or property. If you experience cougar damage, call your local ODFW office.