Some of the most diverse hunting opportunities are offered during Florida hunting season.
Florida Deer Seasons.
|Archery||July 31-Nov. 24**|
|Crossbow||July 31-Dec. 3**|
|Muzzleloader||Sept. 4-Feb. 27**|
|Firearms||Sept. 18-Feb. 20**|
|Youth Hunt||Sept. 11-12**, Oct. 30-31, Nov. 27-28**, Dec. 4-5**|
- 1 What hunting season is it now in Florida?
- 2 What can you hunt year round in Florida?
- 3 Can I shoot a deer on my property in Florida?
- 4 What Animals Can you hunt year round?
- 5 Can you hunt hog year round in Florida?
- 6 Where can you hunt for free in Florida?
- 7 What is a legal buck in Florida?
- 8 Can you hunt deer on your own property without a license in Florida?
- 9 Do you need a license to hunt on your own property in Florida?
- 10 Can you hunt on your own property without a license?
What hunting season is it now in Florida?
Season Dates (2021): In most cases, archery season is July 31 to August 29 (Zone A), October 16 to November 14 (Zone B), September 18 to October 17 (Zone C), and October 23 to November 24 (Zone D).
What can you hunt year round in Florida?
Eddie White, quota hunt coordinator for the Florida Game and Fresh Water Fish Commission, said the following may be taken year-round on private property: wild hogs (where hogs are not a game species), rabbits, raccoons, opossums, coyotes, nutria, skunks, armadillos and beavers.
Can I shoot a deer on my property in Florida?
Shooting or propelling potentially lethal projectiles over or across private land without authorization to take game is considered criminal trespassing and is a felony. Taking deer is prohibited by any method in the Florida Keys.
What Animals Can you hunt year round?
Game You Can Hunt in the Winter
- Rabbit. Many states throughout the U.S. allow you to pursue rabbit from fall through January and even until the end of February.
- Coyotes. Depending on where you live, you may be able to hunt coyote all year long.
- Wild Hog.
Can you hunt hog year round in Florida?
Wild hogs may be trapped and hunted year-round with landowner permission. A hunting license is not required, and a permit is not required to take wild hogs at night with a gun and light with landowner permission. Hunters may use dogs and any legal rifle, shotgun, crossbow, bow, pistol or air gun (including airbow).
Where can you hunt for free in Florida?
Hunting Florida’s national wildlife refuges (NWR)
- Chassahowitzka NWR, 1502 Southeast Kings Bay Dr., Crystal River, FL 34429; 352-563-2088.
- Ten Thousand Islands NWR, 12085 State Road 29 South, Immokalee FL 34142; 239-657-8001.
- Lower Suwannee NWR, 16450 NW 31st Place, Chiefland, FL 32626; 352-493-0238.
What is a legal buck in Florida?
All antlered deer must have an antler with at least 3 points (1 inch or more in length) OR have a main beam length of 10 inches or more to be legal to take. Hunters 16 years of age and older may not take during any season or by any method an antlered deer not meeting this criteria.
Can you hunt deer on your own property without a license in Florida?
Persons who own, lease or otherwise have written permission to take deer on properties of at least 640 contiguous acres, or not less than 150 contiguous acres if adjoining land with a current permit, may apply for antlerless deer permits and tags to authorize the harvest of a specific number of antlerless deer on the
Do you need a license to hunt on your own property in Florida?
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) governs laws and regulations for hunting in the State of Florida. The commission establishes licensing and permits for hunting as well as protects owners from those who trespass on private property without getting the owner’s permission.
Can you hunt on your own property without a license?
General. A landowner or person leasing land primarily for cultivation, their spouse, and dependents under 18 residing with them, may hunt, trap and fish on such land without a license.