HUNTING LICENSES / PERMITS AND FEES
|Hunting Licenses||Payment policies|
- 1 What licenses do I need to hunt deer in Florida?
- 2 Do you need hunting license in Florida?
- 3 What is required to hunt in Florida?
- 4 What is included in the Florida Gold sportsman license?
- 5 Do you need a hunting license on private property in Florida?
- 6 What Animals Can you hunt without a license in Florida?
- 7 Can you hunt deer with a rifle in Florida?
- 8 Is there a deer hunting season in Florida?
- 9 Can I shoot a deer on my property in Florida?
- 10 Can you hunt on public land in Florida?
- 11 Where can I hunt in Florida without a quota permit?
- 12 Where can you hunt for free in Florida?
- 13 What is a quota permit in Florida?
What licenses do I need to hunt deer in Florida?
Expand/Collapse What licenses and permits are required to hunt deer in Florida? To hunt during archery season, hunters must have a Florida hunting license, deer permit and an archery season permit. If hunting a wildlife management area, a management area permit is required.
Do you need hunting license in Florida?
Florida residents and visitors are required to possess a Florida hunting, freshwater fishing or saltwater fishing license when engaged in fishing and hunting activities. A license is required to attempt to take fish.
What is required to hunt in Florida?
Florida residents and visitors need a Florida hunting license, (in addition to other required permits) unless they are exempt. The limited entry permit program offers quality hunting on WMAs. Application periods begin in early spring. For some hunts/times, no quota permit is required.
What is included in the Florida Gold sportsman license?
Licenses and permits included The Military Gold Sportsman’s License includes the Hunting, Saltwater Fishing and Freshwater Fishing licenses; and the Deer, Wildlife Management Area, Archery, Muzzleloading Gun, Crossbow, Turkey, Florida Waterfowl, Snook and Lobster permits.
Do you need a hunting license on private property in Florida?
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) governs laws and regulations for hunting in the State of Florida. The commission establishes licensing and permits for hunting as well as protects owners from those who trespass on private property without getting the owner’s permission.
What Animals Can you hunt without a license in Florida?
Eddie White, quota hunt coordinator for the Florida Game and Fresh Water Fish Commission, said the following may be taken year-round on private property: wild hogs (where hogs are not a game species), rabbits, raccoons, opossums, coyotes, nutria, skunks, armadillos and beavers.
Can you hunt deer with a rifle in Florida?
Rifles, shotguns, pistols, air guns, longbows, compound bows, recurve bows, crossbows and birds of prey (falcons, hawks and great horned owls) may be used. Only pre-charged pneumatic (PCP) air guns firing single bullets or bolts/arrows of at least. 30-caliber to take deer and at least.
Is there a deer hunting season in Florida?
Season Dates (2021): Florida deer hunting seasons are pretty complex. General gun season is September 18 to October 17 and November 20 to January 2 (Zone A), December 4 to February 20 (Zone B), November 6 to January 23 (Zone C), and November 25-28 and December 11 to February 20 (Zone D).
Can I shoot a deer on my property in Florida?
Shooting or propelling potentially lethal projectiles over or across private land without authorization to take game is considered criminal trespassing and is a felony. Taking deer is prohibited by any method in the Florida Keys.
Can you hunt on public land in Florida?
Florida is blessed to have nearly 6 million acres of public hunting land and even if you don’t have a quota hunt permit, there are still wildlife management areas (WMAs) you can hunt without one. Find WMAs you can hunt during archery, muzzleloading gun, and general gun seasons without a quota permit.
Where can I hunt in Florida without a quota permit?
No Quota Permit Hunting
- Big Bend WMA – Jena Unit.
- Big Cypress WMA.
- Green Swamp WMA.
- Herky Huffman/Bull Creek WMA.
- J.W. Corbett WMA.
- Jumper Creek WMA.
- Kissimmee Chain of Lakes Area.
- Kissimmee River Public Use Area.
Where can you hunt for free in Florida?
Hunting Florida’s national wildlife refuges (NWR)
- Chassahowitzka NWR, 1502 Southeast Kings Bay Dr., Crystal River, FL 34429; 352-563-2088.
- Ten Thousand Islands NWR, 12085 State Road 29 South, Immokalee FL 34142; 239-657-8001.
- Lower Suwannee NWR, 16450 NW 31st Place, Chiefland, FL 32626; 352-493-0238.
What is a quota permit in Florida?
A General Gun Quota Permit is a type of limited entry permit that is required in order to participate in designated general gun hunts on select Wildlife Management Areas.