License and Permit Fees
|LICENSE / PERMIT||Resident||Nonresident|
|1-Day Hunting (not valid for deer, elk, turkey or bear)||$7.00||$25.00|
|7-Day Hunting (not valid for deer, elk, turkey or bear)||Not available||$65.00|
|Annual Youth Hunting (ages 12-15 only)||$6.00||$10.00|
- 1 What license do I need to hunt deer in Kentucky?
- 2 What is the penalty for hunting without a license in Kentucky?
- 3 How do I get a hunting license in Kentucky?
- 4 Do I need a deer permit in Kentucky?
- 5 What does the sportsman license cover in KY?
- 6 Can you hunt on your own property without a license?
- 7 Do you have to have an orange card to hunt in Kentucky?
- 8 What Animals Can you hunt in Kentucky right now?
- 9 How do I get a deer tag?
- 10 Is there elk in Kentucky?
- 11 Can you hunt elk in Kentucky?
- 12 Do seniors need a fishing license in Kentucky?
What license do I need to hunt deer in Kentucky?
What do I need to hunt deer? Unless a hunter is considered license exempt, he or she will need: Annual hunting license, either Kentucky resident or non-resident. Statewide deer permit, either Kentucky resident or non-resident.
What is the penalty for hunting without a license in Kentucky?
You could be fined up to $1,000 and/or sentenced to up to a year in jail if you are convicted. You could also be assessed civil penalties and restitution costs. Moreover, people convicted of poaching in Kentucky forfeit their hunting privileges for up to three years.
How do I get a hunting license in Kentucky?
How Do I Get My State Hunting License?
- Complete the Kentucky hunter education certification requirements.
- Choose the correct license type.
- Buy the license through the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources website or a Kentucky–approved vendor.
Do I need a deer permit in Kentucky?
Deer and turkey hunters must have deer or turkey permits in addition to the appropriate hunting license. Migratory bird hunters must have a Kentucky Migratory Bird/Waterfowl permit in addition to the hunting license. License holder would be required to purchase the Federal Duck Stamp to hunt waterfowl.
What does the sportsman license cover in KY?
Available to Kentucky residents only, the Sportsman’s License includes a Combination Hunting and Fishing license, Spring and Fall Turkey permits, Statewide Deer permit, state Migratory Game Bird-Waterfowl Permit and Trout Permit.
Can you hunt on your own property without a license?
General. A landowner or person leasing land primarily for cultivation, their spouse, and dependents under 18 residing with them, may hunt, trap and fish on such land without a license.
Do you have to have an orange card to hunt in Kentucky?
1, 1975 must carry a valid hunter education card or hunter education exemption permit while hunting. Children must be at least 9 years old to take the hunter education course. People who complete the course are issued an orange certification card. Hunter education cards issued by other states are valid in Kentucky.
What Animals Can you hunt in Kentucky right now?
- American Woodcock. Season dates: Oct.
- Bear. Archery season dates: Oct.
- Beaver. Hunting and trapping season dates: Nov.
- Bobcat. Hunting season dates: Nov.
- Bullfrog. Season dates: May 21 – Oct.
- Common Moorhen and Purple Gallinule. Season dates: Sept.
- Coot. Season dates: Nov.
- Coyote. Season dates: March 1 – Feb.
How do I get a deer tag?
A: Purchase an annual California hunting license and the First Deer Tag Drawing Application at a license agent, CDFW license sales office, online or by telephone sales at (800) 565-1458.
Is there elk in Kentucky?
Kentucky’s present elk herd is a free-ranging, wild herd established from 1,550 wild elk captured out-of-state and released into southeast KY between December 1997 and March 2002. Kentucky has the highest elk population of any state east of the Mississippi River. The first elk hunt was conducted in 2001.
Can you hunt elk in Kentucky?
Kentucky’s mountains are home to the largest elk herd and hunt east of the Rockies. A Kentucky elk permit eliminates the need to drive for days to a western destination to hunt elk. Whether you’re a new or experienced hunter, the random drawing makes hunting elk accessible to everyone.
Do seniors need a fishing license in Kentucky?
For the record, there’s no such thing as a senior fishing license in Kentucky. Any Kentucky resident age 65 and up or totally disabled can purchase a Kentuky Sportsman’s License for $5. The license includes all hunting privileges, deer tags, turkey permit, trout stamp and seniors even get extra deer tags.