Full choke has tight constriction. The shot holds together even longer, making this choke good for squirrels, turkey, and other game shot at 40-yard and longer ranges. Turkey hunters sometimes use Extra Full or Turkey choke for even denser patterns at long range.
- 1 What is the best 12 gauge turkey choke?
- 2 How far can you shoot a turkey with a modified choke?
- 3 What is the best constriction for a turkey choke?
- 4 Do you really need a turkey choke?
- 5 Is modified choke OK for turkey hunting?
- 6 Is modified choke OK for Turkey?
- 7 What shot for 12 gauge turkey?
- 8 What constriction chokes TSS?
- 9 What do you look for in a turkey choke?
- 10 Do you need a turkey choke to shoot turkey loads?
- 11 Do I need a choke for my shotgun?
- 12 What is the best size shot to use for turkey hunting?
What is the best 12 gauge turkey choke?
Best Shotgun Chokes for Turkey Hunting
- Carlson’s Longbeard XR turkey choke.
- Indian Creek Black Diamond Strike turkey choke.
- Primos Jellyhead Maximum turkey choke.
- Hevi-Choke Turkey choke.
- Patternmaster Code Black turkey choke.
- Mojo Fatal Shot.
- Kicks Gobblin’ Thunder turkey choke.
- Comp-N-Choke turkey choke.
How far can you shoot a turkey with a modified choke?
Having said that modified will probably be fine to 30-35 yards depending on your gun/load.
What is the best constriction for a turkey choke?
660 constrictions — shoot small shot, such as No. 6, best. * Chokes with larger constrictions, such as. 680, usually work best with larger shot — No.
Do you really need a turkey choke?
“Turkeys are a lot different than hunting pheasants. They’re a tougher bird and you need to get pellets into their vital areas to kill them cleanly and a tighter choke will allow you to do that, allow you to throw a dense pattern so you put more pellets in the turkey’s head or neck, in his vital areas.”
Is modified choke OK for turkey hunting?
Modified choke has moderate constriction. The shot holds together even longer, making this choke good for squirrels, turkey, and other game shot at 40-yard and longer ranges. Turkey hunters sometimes use Extra Full or Turkey choke for even denser patterns at long range.
Is modified choke OK for Turkey?
Re: Turkey with a Modified Choke? You’ll be perfectly fine, just pattern your gun to know how far you should reasonably shoot. Just about any choke with a decent load will kill a turkey at 30 yards.
What shot for 12 gauge turkey?
Lead Turkey Loads A good compromise is #5 copper-plated lead pellets loaded in a 12-gauge 3-inch magnum shot shell. With this setup, you’ll be good out to 40 yards, and perhaps 50 if your gun is patterned tight. If you want better range and lethality, you’ll need to consider using tungsten shot.
What constriction chokes TSS?
Most experienced TSS shooters shoot chokes in the. 675-. 690 range. Four hundred pellets in the 10 sounds impressive, but often comes at the expense of an even 10-20″ pattern.
What do you look for in a turkey choke?
How to Pick Your Turkey Choke Tube
- The right choke tube will extend the range and effectiveness of your trusty 12-gauge. Choke tubes provide an amount of constriction at the end of the barrel.
- Cartridges. You have to start with what is legal in your area.
- The Choke Tubes.
Do you need a turkey choke to shoot turkey loads?
You shouldn’t have any trouble killing turkeys at 30 yards with a good full choke and a good turkey load. Let your patterns tell you whether it works, not what someone thinks. If you can’t get good patterns with your full choke then you can always try a turkey choke, they generally do shoot quite tight patterns.
Do I need a choke for my shotgun?
No, not unless one is shooting at close- to mid-range birds routinely. Shotgun choke can certainly be useful when shooting at longer range its effects break down at extreme range and if birds are especially tough – such as wild guineafowl in Africa.
What is the best size shot to use for turkey hunting?
Many hunters favor size 6 shot. If your gun does not pattern tightly, using 6 makes sense out to 35, maybe 40 yards. I patterned both lead 6s and heavy-shot 6s to see what really was taking place. Out to 40 yards, the 6s really threw a great pattern, providing many vital head and neck hits.