Drawing results: Drawing results dates are listed in the guidebooks. On or before that date, you will be sent an email with your drawing results. If you didn’t list an email in your application, you can check your results online or by calling 800-221-0659, or contacting us after the result date.
- 1 How do I check my Utah draw results?
- 2 How long does it take to draw a Utah elk tag?
- 3 How do you turn in a Utah hunting tag?
- 4 How do I return a deer tag in Utah?
- 5 How does the Utah hunting draw work?
- 6 Where can I find elk in Utah?
- 7 How do I get an elk tag in Utah?
- 8 Can you buy an over the counter elk tag in Utah?
- 9 How do I start hunting in Utah?
- 10 What is a combination license in Utah?
- 11 Do you need a youth duck stamp in Utah?
- 12 How do you enter a deer hunt in Utah?
- 13 What Animals Can you hunt in Utah?
- 14 Can you return a deer tag?
How do I check my Utah draw results?
How to look up your Utah bonus and preference points
- First, navigate to the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources homepage.
- Hover over “Licenses” and then click on “Drawing history, points and results.”
- Next, you will need to fill in your information.
- You will now land on your account page.
How long does it take to draw a Utah elk tag?
Pick your favorite species–deer or elk–and plan to hunt it for a trophy animal on a limited entry tag 2-3 times in your lifetime. Residents can only apply for limited entry hunts for one species and there’s a five year waiting period after drawing, which takes ballpark 15-20 years depending on the unit.
How do you turn in a Utah hunting tag?
To surrender a permit, please download, complete and send the following permit surrender form to the DWR, along with the original permit.
- Permit surrender form — PDF.
- See the entire surrender rule at DWR Administrative Rule R657-42-4.
How do I return a deer tag in Utah?
To surrender a permit, please download, fill out and drop off or mail the completed form to the DWR along with the original permit. The DWR does not usually issue refunds on permits, licenses or certificates of registration. There are exceptions, however, when refunds can be obtained.
How does the Utah hunting draw work?
When the drawing begins, 50 percent of the permits for each hunt are drawn by the applicants that have the most bonus points. Next, the other 50 percent of the permits for each hunt are drawn among all remaining applicants.
Where can I find elk in Utah?
Rocky Mountain elk can be found throughout Utah in mountainous habitat. During the hot summer months, they live fairly high in the mountains, usually between 6,000 and 10,000 feet. In late fall, most of them migrate down the mountain slopes to areas of lower elevation and less snowfall.
How do I get an elk tag in Utah?
Permits for sale that remain from the 2021 big game drawing. Remaining permits are available on a first-come, first-served basis. You must have a valid hunting license or a combination license to buy one of these permits. You can buy permits online and at license agent locations and DWR offices.
Can you buy an over the counter elk tag in Utah?
Currently updating this post for 2020 Utah’s General Elk Season permits are not called “Over-the-counter (OTC) permits but they are available OTC for both residents and non-residents on a first come first serve basis.
How do I start hunting in Utah?
How Do I Get My State Hunting License?
- Complete the Utah hunter education certification requirements.
- Choose the correct license type.
- Buy the license through the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources website or a Utah–approved agent.
What is a combination license in Utah?
A Basic Hunting License is required to hunt Utah game animals. A Combination License is a combined Basic Hunting and Fishing License that is valid for 365 days from the date of purchase. In addition to either of these two licenses, many game animals require an additional hunting permit.
Do you need a youth duck stamp in Utah?
Are you old enough? In Utah, there are no age restrictions for waterfowl hunters. If you have passed a Division-approved hunter education course, then you can hunt waterfowl in Utah, regard- less of your age. You are considered to be a youth hunter if you are 17 years old or younger on July 31, 2021.
How do you enter a deer hunt in Utah?
To be included in the drawing for the hunts, you can apply on the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources website or over the phone by calling the nearest DWR regional office. The results of the drawing will be released no later than May 31.
What Animals Can you hunt in Utah?
Species commonly hunted in Utah are mule deer, elk, antelope, pheasant, ducks, geese, rabbits, sage grouse, forest grouse, chukar partridge, mourning dove and wild turkeys. Hunting is allowed in most public areas of the state, except in national parks, monuments, and state parks.
Can you return a deer tag?
California does not refund the fees paid for a resident deer tag application. California may refund the difference between the fee paid for a nonresident deer tag application and a resident deer tag application.